EMPLOYMENT LITIGATION & CIVIL RIGHTS:
- $1,250,000 judgment for retaliation claim following jury trial in Portland, Oregon. Verdict found that Li Ning, a Chinese athletic shoe company, retaliated against a director-level employee who complained he was demoted because of his race and national origin. Read about the judgment.
- $1,200,000 judgment for age discrimination claim against Daimler Trucks North America following jury trial. Former level 4 Engineering Department manager in Portland, Oregon. Dr. Josef Loczi was the plaintiff. Read about Dr. Loczi’s case in The Oregonian and Portland Business Journal.
- $933,900 paid by Port of Astoria for firing two employees in retaliation for reporting mismanagement, gross waste of public funds and abuse of authority. Read about the suit and settlement.
- $620,000 judgment for Sarbanes-Oxley Act whistleblower claim against Riverview Community Bank in Vancouver, Washington. Client was an auditor for the bank who was fired for reporting alleged fraud at the bank. Read about the suit and settlement.
- $445,000 12-person jury verdict finding McKenzie-Willamette Medical Center improperly fired its employee surgeon for objecting to the hospitals interference in patient care in Eugene, Oregon.
- Confidential amount paid to former Thai cooks alleging that they were enslaved by the now defunct Typhoon! restaurant in Portland, Oregon as a result of a very complicated immigration plan for Thai immigrants traveling to the United States. See articles in The Oregonian and Portland Business Journal.
- Confidential amount paid in settlement for university worker in pregnancy discrimination case. Worker was fired by her company when worker was almost nine months pregnant and despite fact that worker had an exemplary performance record.