- $1,620,635 judgment for product defect claim following jury trial. Land O’Lakes Purina found liable for destroying our client’s dairy herd with toxic feed in Tillamook, Oregon. Read more in The Oregonian and The Daily Astorian.
- $818,075 judgment for breach of dairy lease following jury trial. Represented the dairy in a case involving a lease dispute between a Tillamook-based dairy and its landlord. Jury found the landlord liable for breaching the parties’ lease, and for causing significant economic harm to the dairy.
- $527,000 judgment for wrongful lien following jury trial where two New Jersey transportation companies refused to release an invalid lien they filed against our clients’ cranberry farm in Gearhart, Oregon.
- Successfully defended small business against litigation filed by a competitor accusing the client of tortious interference with business relations. Case proceeded to an evidentiary hearing at the preliminary junction stage. The court denied the competitor’s motion for a preliminary injunction and granted client’s motion to dismiss.
- Successfully defended former owner of publishing business from lawsuit filed by the purchaser of said business. Purchaser alleged that the sale agreement it signed was unconscionable and thus unenforceable. Purchaser sought a temporary restraining order preventing client from enforcing the terms of the sale agreement, which the court denied. Case later moved to private arbitration, where client prevailed and retook ownership of the publishing business. Client was also awarded attorney fees.
- Successfully defended fishing company from allegations made by rival company of trademark misappropriation and tradename dilution. Case proceeded to an evidentiary hearing at the preliminary injunction stage. The court denied the rival company’s motion, and the case was later dismissed.
- Successfully defended arbitration matter wherein client, the half-owner of small real estate business, was sued by the other half-owner, seeking to expel client as an owner from the business. Case settled amicably with each client splitting the business assets.