Accidents, Injuries, and Abuse
- $1,150,000 settlement of motor vehicle traumatic brain injury claim. Client was a pedestrian who was struck and seriously injured by a teenage driver while trying to cross the road at a crosswalk in Portland, Oregon. Teen driver was involved in illegal drag racing at the time, tested positive for marijuana and was traveling at a high rate of speed.
- $1,000,000 settlement in boating accident case. Client suffered catastrophic leg injury when boat’s engine became energized, pulling client’s leg into boat propeller.
- $515,000 settlement of crushed pelvis as a result of motor vehicle accident in Portland, Oregon. Client was the passenger of a vehicle that was t-boned in the middle of the night by a teenage driver who had run a red light at a high rate of speed.
- $350,000 settlement in wrongful death case against an assisted living facility based in Milwaukie, Oregon. Employees of the assisted living facility broke elderly woman’s arm and over medicated her with narcotic pain medication to hide the injury. By the time the elderly woman’s family discovered the injury, she was near death.
- Confidential amount paid in settlement for motor vehicle traumatic brain injury claim in Portland, Oregon. Client was a physician, who was forced to retire as result of a traumatic brain injury he suffered when his sedan was hit by a commercial truck making an illegal left turn. The truck driver was believed to be on his cell phone at the time of the accident.